Group Chief Executive
MSc (Eng), BSc (Hons), FRICS, FCIOB, MCIArb
Robin started his career as a graduate site engineer for a national contractor, working on major projects such as the Channel Tunnel rail link. He then went abroad where he took his masters and worked for both French and Danish companies on further civil engineering projects. In 1998, Robin returned to the UK to join Ashe, the family business, as a site manager. He then trained and worked as a surveyor before joining the board in 2003. Two years later Robin become
MD and in 2020, Group Chief Executive to head the successful development of the Ashe Group.
In his 15 years as MD Robin established a strong, sustainable business that has more than tripled in size to an £80 million business with a commensurate improvement in margin. He has developed a business that is BIM compliant and capable of delivering turn-key projects of up to £20m with an impressive portfolio of frameworks, customers and award winning projects. Robin is a fellow of both the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and Chartered Institute of Building, a member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and of the Society of Danish Engineers and has an MSc in civil engineering and a degree in quantity surveying.
Role & Responsibilities
• Defining the company’s strategic goals and objectives
• Leading the development of the company’s medium and long term strategies
• Setting group policy and ethos
• Establishing Ashe’s health, wellbeing, quality and sustainability agenda
• Safeguarding Ashe against financial, commercial and cyber risks
• Establishing Ashe’s business continuity plans
• Ensuring the business grows and evolves sustainably
Delivering a new, beautifully designed classroom block for his old school, Kingshott in Hitchin. The award winning building is a prime example of how our work has provided an inspiring learning environment for young children in the local community.